Preparing all students to realize their potential in a rapidly changing, diverse, global society.
Johnston’s Mission Statement
Johnston’s mission is to create a challenging learning environment that encourages high expectations for success through developmentally appropriate instruction that allows for individual differences and learning styles. We strive to develop each child’s intellectual, social and emotional well-being for success in a rapidly changing, global community. Our school promotes a safe, orderly, caring and supportive environment that respects and honors cultural diversity. We believe that student’s learning is best met with a collaboration of our parents, teachers, and community members.
Johnston’s Belief Statements
1. In our school community, we empower our students and each other to discover and develop individual talents.
2. Each student is a valued individual with unique needs.Curriculum and instructional practices accommodate different learning styles with a variety of instructional practices.
3. Teacher, administrators, and parents work in partnership to share the responsibility for the education of the students.
4. We believe students learn to be successful when they:
- Are active in their own learning, both as individuals and in groups.
- Are held to high expectations academically and socially.
- Connect their learning across all content areas.
- Apply and demonstrate what they have learned.
- Are free to learn in a safe and nurturing school community.
5. We believe that a highly qualified staff that is committed to student success characterizes our school.
6. We believe that the school environment as a whole can improve when held to high expectations.