Johnston’s Mission Statement
Johnston Elementary School’s mission is to prepare all students for college and career readiness by providing a safe and culturally diverse learning environment that fosters high expectations.
Johnston Vision Statement:
Johnston Elementary School: developing productive members of a diverse society.
Johnston’s Belief Statements
1. Each student is a valued individual with unique and diverse needs.
2. Learning is achieved through a collaborative effort of our students, teachers, parents, and community resources.
3. Diversity is a strength that prepares us for a global society.
4. Curriculum and instructional practices are data driven and accommodate different learning styles to meet high expectations.
5. Students need to be engaged in their own learning in a supportive and safe environment.
6. Healthy students are most likely to be successful.
7. Our staff must continually strive to develop their professional practice in order to provide high quality instruction and support.